Monday, September 9, 2013

The Mighty Chrispy

Welcome to the first post of The Mighty Chrispy.

The Mighty Chrispy is a blog born of the desire to share some art I create and the title comes from the the first drawing that I am going to share with you.

A while ago I looked up a few art challenges and I have come across four separate 30 Day Art Challenges that will provide the blog with the kind of content I’d like early on to drive it forward Daily.

I will however be featuring art and artists that I find appealing, links to lessons and videos, and any sort of dialogue that I can provide on my own process and how that goes, or is going or is changing throughout my desire to become a better artist.

A friend of mine, who I would definitely refer to as an artist, said to me once that “Art without an audience is simply masturbation”.  So, I’m hoping that you folks our there will be my audience, and that way I’m not doing all this just for myself.

30 Day Challenge – Day 1

Draw yourself as a superhero

Mighty Chris 001

Mighty Chris 002

The Mighty Chrispy

The name comes from two places, one is that in grade five there were two Chris’ in my class, Chris A. and Chris B.  Chris B. was me.  If you say Chris B. out loud quickly it sounds like ChrisBee, and one of the girls at school called me ChrisB Crunch.  It wasn’t long before I made the leap to Chrispy (as in Crispy Crunch – the candy bar).  The Might part comes from Damion who I worked with for a few years.  I’m not sure where it came from, I know there was some discussion about nicknames and Damion gave me The Mighty Chris.

And so, here we are. I hope you’ll enjoy what you see here, I hope you’ll comment and contribute as well!

Thanks!

1 comment:

  1. Why did you not tell me of this blog sooner? I have been stuck in the world of teaching and have not noticed anything computer-based for two weeks. Cool stuff - and yes you are very mighty.

    ReplyDelete